Lithium Battery Shippers Course
This course is designed to give Shippers of Lithium Ion and Lithium Metal Batteries an opportunity to be trained and qualified in accordance with the requirements of Australian Legislation and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Upon successful completion of this one day course a certificate/qualification is to be issued. This two year qualification enables trained personnel to:
- Have an understanding of the general philosophy on carriage of dangerous goods
- Be knowledgeable of the classes, divisions and packing groups of Dangerous Goods
- Understand the legal implications of transporting Dangerous Goods by air
- Know the relation between Australian Legislation, the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)
- Efficiently apply the IATA Regulations to day to day processing of Lithium Battery shipments
- Apply Shipper’s Specific responsibilities into the air transport of Lithium Batteries.
- Pack these consignments in accordance with the IATA Packing Instructions
- Mark and label packages correctly for air transport, and
- Complete the Shipper’s Declaration and Lithium Battery documents for air transport.
DG Air Freight can assist in your training requirements. You can contact us by telephone or simply fill in the enquiry form and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
To find out more information: